Choosing Paint for Different Works:
1. The number of houses in rural areas in India is more than 65% of the total houses. Such houses used low-cost paint such as whitewash, color wash, cement paint, and distemper. Good quality modern paints are used in cities.
2. Plaster Painting for the inside wall:
For painting over interior plaster we have
- color wash
- cement paints
- dry distemper
- oil bound distemper
- plastic emulsion paint, etc.
Based on our ability to spend our money.
In which cement paint is selected for painting on the old surface inside the paint water With curing it becomes difficult. Electrical paints are damaged during curing. Modern cement paints such as snowcem, supercomb require curing greatly. Which can be used indoors.
3. Outdoor plaster painting:
Whitewashing, color washing can be reused for surfaces exposed to direct sunlight or rain. Some special waterproof cement paints or acrylic paints can also be used. The distemper cannot be used for the outer surface.
4. Steel and iron painting:
A red oxide or zinc chromate primer is first applied as a primer for steel and iron painting. Steel and iron are mainly used in enamel paints.
5. Wood Painting:
The first wood primer is applied for wood painting. Wood is commonly used for enamel paints. Varnish and polish are used to make the fibers appear on wood (in furniture wood).
6. Painting of AC Sheets:-
The first two coats of alkali-resistant primer and then acrylic paint or synthetic enamel are applied on the AC sheets.
7. G. I. Sheets painted on sheets painting:
The first coat of red oxide or zinc chromate is applied to G. I. Sheets. Than synthetic enamel paint is applied to it.
Painting of Newly Constructed Plastered Walls:
There is moisture in the newly constructed plastered walls. Also, it is a very alkali wall. Therefore After drying it should be allowed to dry for 3 to 6 months, for painting purposes. There are five steps to painting on a new wall.
1. Clean the surface of the plaster:
Dust, debris is removed from the surface of the plaster. The sandpaper should be rubbed on the surface and cleaned, as the different sandpaper is used for the surface.
2. Apply Primer Coat:
The primer coat is applied on the plaster surface after 3 to 6 months. Primers have a great alkali resistance, Which neutralizes the surface of concrete or plaster.
3. Apply Filler coat:
The filler coat is applied on a plaster surface after the primer. This filler coat is commonly used for putty. The main function of the filler coat is to fill small cracks in the plaster and fill the dents.
In ordinary-buildings, “Plaster of Paris” is used as a lapi. Made by mixing 5 to 10% enamel paint and 25 to 30% of the water in powdered chalk. Copolymer emulsion putty is used for important tasks such as showrooms, etc., which are expensive.
The lapi in paste form is pressed on the wall with a sheet of steel. After drying the lapi, it is rubbed with sandpaper and the surface is made of a very smooth surface. The lower layer of paint is rubbed over.
4. Fold the undercoat first.
5. Apply a finishing coat.
Points to be considered for New Painting:
- The newly constructed plastered walls have moisture. Plus it is very alkaline. Such a method: Allow to dry for 3-6 months after plastering. Then painting.
- The surface of plaster or concrete is alkaline. The oil paint or acrylic paints are not properly applied to it To neutralize such a surface, apply an alkali-resistant primer on it.
- Apply cement paint to a wet surface.
- Limewash, the color wash can also be applied to the wet surface. But, apply Oil Bond Distemper or Plastic emulsion paints to the dry surface exactly.
- Painting with at least three coats – Primer coat, undercoat and finishing coat
- Mat finish
- Eggshell finish
- Oil gloss finish
- High gloss finish
- When painting an outside surface, choose a color that does not fade with the sun’s heat,
- Exactly remove the fungus (molds, algae, moss, etc.) before painting on the outside surface.
- If efflorescence is visible on the surface, do not clean it with water. If washed with water, the salts are absorbed into the pores and the surface comes back to the surface after drying. In order to clean such deposits with a brush in dry condition, to be clean.
- If the paint is to be applied with a brush, apply each coat in four steps. Apply the following stroke to a small area that is accessible by hand.
- Top to bottom vertical stroke
- Down to top vertical stroke
- Left to right horizontal stroke
- From right to left horizontal stroke
- Prepare a coat of paint.
- If the paint is applied by spray, use a thinner that the company determines.
- When painting, cover such items with paper or cloth so as not to have paint on an electric fan, switchboard, etc.
- Color selection is also very important for painting. Color has a positive effect on our moods and emotions.
- The color should be chosen based on the size of the room. The color that looks good in a large auditorium may not look good in a small flat, the colors produce the optical illusion, making the room size smaller or larger.
- A room painted with dark colors looks smaller than a room painted with light color.
- White roofs appear higher than dark shades, white color reflective value is 70 to 90%. While the reflective value of the dark color is 10 to 20%.
- Light colors are always safer in residential buildings and provide better reflective surfaces.
Points to be considered for painting on old surfaces:
When painting on old surfaces, the following things need to be considered:
- If flaking, bleaching (due to sun heat or chemical reaction), saponification effect occurs on an old painted plaster surface than this all the effect is removed by cleaning the painted surface with water and then it dry completely.
- Repair the old paint to remove the plaster if it is damaged.
- For repainting purpose first Dry distempers and lime wash is completely removed from the old plaster surface. Often a The surface is soaked with water before removing lime or distemper. But, before applying the prime coat, the surface should be completely dry.
- Where small patches of damaged paint are removed, apply a water filler to the surface to bring it to the surface of the surrounding surface. If using solvent-based paint, apply a prime coat on such a surface. If using oil-bound water paint or emulsion paint, apply a thin layer of such paint on the dry surface.
- To paint a new paint on an oil-painted surface, rub the surface with sandpaper to remove loosening particles and dull and matt the surface so that the grip is maintained.
|PAINTING ON OLD CONSTRUCTED WALL|
- Rinse the rough surface of the cement-painted exterior with a wire brush and rinse it with water, then allow it to dry.
- To paint in a rainy environment, allow the surface to dry for two to three days after the rain and then painting after rain.
- If the fungus, mold, algae are frozen on the same old surface, remove it by brushing it with a bristle brush and sandpaper. Apply ammonical copper solution (7 g copper carbonate dissolved in 80 ml liquor ammonia dilute to one liter of water) or 2. 5% Solution of magnesium silicon-fluoride.
- After removing the old paint, hairline cracks appear on the surface of the plaster. On such a surface lay two layers of primer.
- One is to use an alkali resistor primer when using solvent-based paint, water-based paint or distemper surface is clean and if such paint is applied on it, no need to remove such paint, after washing the surface with detergent and drying fine paper Can be painted by pushing.