In this post, we share ppt of thermal insulation material topic which covered almost all topics related to insulation materials. We explained the different types of insulating material used in building. And also this ppt is absolutely Free.
Thermal Insulation PPT Download
What is Thermal Insulation?
Thermal insulation is defined as a retard or transmission of the flow of heat in a room. And the material which is used to retard the flow of heat is known as thermal insulating material.
What is Conduction?
Conduction is defined as a transfer of heat energy from one atom to another atom in the object by direct contact.
What is Convection?
Convection is defined as transfer of heat energy in within fluid that may be either a gas of liquid.
What is Radiation?
Radiation is defined as the transfer of heat energy into space with the help of electromagnetic waves. Radiation energy comes from a source and travels into the space at speed of light.
Requirement of Thermal Insulation in Building
- Thermal insulation is needed to maintain a comfortable living environment in the building.
- Thermal Insulation in buildings is required to protect the health of human beings against atmospheric effects.
- Thermal insulation is required to protect the structural elements of a building against Thermal Impact.
Advantages of Thermal Insulation in Building
- It provides comfortable living.
- It keeps the room cool in summer and warms the room in winter.
- Due to reduction of uses of Refrigerator and air-conditioner, its saves the electricity and fuel cost.
- It saves the maintenance cost.
- It prevents condensation on the internal wall and ceiling.
Thermal Insulating Material
- Fiber Glass
- Mineral Wool
- Polyurethane Foam
Fiber Glass is a most common thermal insulating material which is used in modern time. It is used to minimize the heat transfer and made by finely woven Silicon, glass powder and tiny shards of glass.
Cellulose is Eco Friendly thermal insulation material that is used to reduce and gain the heat loss of the building. It is also used for noise transmission purposes.
Cellulose is a fire-resistance insulating material. It is made from recycled cardboard, paper, and other similar materials.
Mineral wool is a fiber glass material that is made from recycled glass. it is also called as glass wool.
Polystyrene is a waterproof thermoplastic foam material that is a good thermal and sound insulation material. It is also called styrofoam. Polystyrene is created or cut into blocks for wall insulation purposes.
Polyurethane Foam is excellent thermal insulation material. It is available in the liquid sprayed form or rigid foam board.