GIFT CITY (Gujarat International Finance Tec-City (GIFT City) :-
|GIFT CITY (GUJARAT)|
- State Bank of India
- World Trade Centre
- GIDC Technology Hub
- BSE Brokers Forum
- Prestige Group
GENERAL INFORMATION :-
- Official Name: – Gujarat Intrnational Finanace Tec-City
- Location: – Ahemadabad
- Designer: – East China Architectural Design & Research Institute and Fairwood Consultant India.
- Developer: – Gujarat International Finance Tec-City Co.Ltd.
- Timr Period: – August 2011 To August 2020.
SALIENT FEATURES :-
- Area :- 3.99sqkm
- Highest FSI :- 3.65
- Construction Cost :- Rs 70000crore
- Social Facilities :- 22%
- Residential Area :- 11%
- Commercial Area :- 67%
DETAIL STUDY :-
Gujarat International Finance Tec-City (GIFT City) is a business district promoted by the Gujarat government through a joint venture company. GIFT City is India’s first operational smart city and international financial services center.GIFT is an operational smart city developed inthe Gandhinagar metropolitan region as a greenfield development. The project includes features like a DISTRIC COOLING system, underground UTILITY TUNNEL, and AUTOMETED VACCUME WASTE COLLECTION The city is designed for walkability and includes commercial and residential complexes.
The project is located on the bank of the Sabarmati River and is around 12 km (7.5 mi) from Gandhinagar international airport. GIFT is easily accessible from all directions through 4-6 lane State and National Highways. A double corridor metro system is planned to connect GIFT City to the nearby airport and various parts of Ahemadabad and Gandhinagar.
The idea for GIFT was developed during the Vibrant Gujarat Global Investor Summit 2007 and is being planned by East China Architectural Design & Research Institute (ECADI), which is responsible for planning much of modern-day Shanghai, and Fairwood Consultants India. GIFT City’s Master Plan is for the 359 hectares (886 acres) of land area to have approximately ~110 buildings with ~5,800,000 m2 (62,000,000 sq ft) of built-up area, of which around 67% is commercial, 22% is for residential and 11% is social facilities. Currently ~190,000 m2 (2,000,000 sq ft) of commercial space is operational, and another 280,000 m2 (3,000,000 sq ft) is under development. As of now an investment of Rs 10,500 crore has already been committed for GIFT City The city has an integrated development model which has been spread out in three phases. Each phase is designed as integrated sustainable development, for example the first phase itself includes development of office space, residential, school, hotel, club etc.
Water Supply & Sewerage System Infrastructure In Gift
- Water Sources:
- Recycling and Reuse of Wastewater.
- Rainwater Harvesting.
- 24 x 7 Water Supply.
- Concept of Zero Discharge City.
- Perennial Water Front ensured through the construction of three barrages on river Sabarmati.
- Proposed landscaped promenade at the river bank along GIFT City.
Samrudhi Sarovar & Waterfront Development
· 1 km length & 7 m depth.
· Width varying from 82 m to 160 m.
· Designed for 15 days of drinking water storage.
· Water Body of 0.75 Mm3 capacity to enhance aesthetics and for water sports activity.
Power Infra Highlights In GIFT
·GIFT Power Company Ltd., 100% subsidiaries of GIFTCL is Power distribution licensee for GIFT
·Projected The power demand of GIFT is 610 MVA.
·220/33KV Receiving Stations with Dual source of Power.
· Initially 66/33KV receiving station with Dual source of Power.
· 33 kV dual feed cable distribution in Utility Tunnel to all the packages.
· Gas Insulated Switchgears (GIS) substation for Sub-transmission and Distribution within GIFT city.
· Dual 33KV feed to every building from Switching panel room.
Solid Waste Management Infrastructure In GIFT
· Automated Waste Collection System (AWS) through chute system
· Minimum Human Intervention
· Minimize space requirement
· Minimize impact on health
· Waste sucked through pipes at a speed of 90 km/hr
· Waste Treatment through Plasma Technology
Rs 60,000-crore project
· The Rs 60,000-crore GIFT City project will house a financial services-based multi-services SEZ, a centre for domestic financial sector, corporate offices, regional offices of companies, a trade centre, housing colonies, social infrastructure and other associated amenities.
To use energy-efficient district cooling system
· The city will use the energy-efficient district cooling system instead of air-conditioning. It will also use an automated waste collection system that sucks away garbage from buildings at high speed.
Reason for choosing Gujarat
· One of the fastest growing states in the country, Gujrat has proven its financial potential and business acumen through consistent GDP growth of 10 per cent since last six years.
· The Diamond Tower- This will be the tallest building of India with 87 floors reaching upto 400 metres. Designed by ECADI architects, it will be located on Fortune Islands. It has been cut into shapes to shine like a diamond.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/gujaratinternational finance tec-city.